Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Break

This past week Lily enjoyed her first fall break from school.  I had planned for a fun filled week of Mommy and Lily time, exploring the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and the Children’s Museum but unfortunately my sweet girl came down with a bug on Sunday so we had to nix our plans and settle for staying closer to home until she was feeling 100%. 

By midweek she was beginning to feel better so we ventured out to one of our “Go To” fun spots….the Toddler Park.   No matter which playground we go to, Lily always gravitates to the slides…the bigger the better.  So that is where I found myself all of Wednesday morning.  Standing at the foot of a big blue tube, shouting encouragement as my adrenaline junkie toddler launched herself down the big kid slide at top speed, over and over again.   


Friday I had a breakfast meeting with our local Board of Realtors so Lily had to tag along.  I’m sure we were quite the sight, walking into the golf club with her Minnie Mouse doll and security blanket in tow.  I was really worried that her short attention span would require that we make our exit within moments of the meeting starting but once again she surprised me. She lasted nearly an hour, lying on the floor at my feet playing games on my phone and singing songs for everyone.  Whew!  She was so good that I rewarded her with a visit to Briscoe Park on the way home so that she could visit the playground and feed the ducks.  


This was the first time we’ve ever taken her to see the ducks and she was so excited to have them following her around!   She REALLY wanted to pet the geese but so I had to gently remind her not to touch.  They bite!  

My favorite part of the whole trip was when a big white duck started nudging Lily’s hand for food and she looked at it with all seriousness and says, “Say Please.” LOL.  She's so smart!

 



















Lily is back at school this week and there are lots of fun things planned between Fall festivals and Halloween so there will be a lot of updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment