Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Weekend of Birthdays

This past weekend was all about the birthdays.  On Saturday we went to Aunt Kay Kay's house to help celebrate Colby's 10th birthday.  I cannot believe he has gotten so big!  Seems like just the other day he was teeny tiny and having sleep overs with me every weekend.


 Lily absolutely loves Colby so she followed him like a little shadow almost the entire time we were there and he is SO sweet with her.  She likes Baby Trent too...he's got fun toys!


Her favorite activity of the day by far was the discovery of guitars.  Colby brought his out for her to play with and before we knew it, she was plucking the strings and singing to herself like she'd been doing it her whole life.  I told everybody right then, this kid is going to be a star one day! Now it looks like I've got to place a call to the North Pole to see if Santa can bring her, her own guitar for Christmas.


 As any big artist will tell you...performing is hard work!  Lily crashed 10 minutes into our trip home.


Sunday we traveled to Clarkston to celebrate my Aunt Betty's 85th birthday. I didn't really get any photos besides this one because I literally spent almost the entire time chasing Lily around.  Unfortunately the fellowship hall we were at is right on the edge of a busy street and my child has no sense of self preservation so she kept making a beeline straight for danger.  I was EXHAUSTED (and grateful I didn't wear heels!)  But it was really good to see all of our extended family that we've not seen in a few years and have the chance to introduce them to Lily Bug, my Granny's namesake.


Next week we have a lot of early Thanksgiving activities with work and school so we are looking forward to more fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment